PROTECTING CUSTOMER* PRIVACY
We collect, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance quotes, policies, and related products and services to you;
- Administering and processing insurance products and services;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information through, for example, the exchange of information with government agencies, industry associations, property and motor vehicle information databases or other insurers;
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums;
- Compiling statistics and reporting to regulatory or industry entities in accordance with prudent insurance practices;
- Gathering your feedback to help us improve our products and services.
- Notifying you of products or services that might be of interest to you.
It is important that you understand and consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future use of your Personal Information for Identified Purposes, until you notify us of a withdrawal of your consent:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to us or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product (including information previously provided to us);
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained, for example, within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited by us (or our agent) for a specified purpose;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
In the event you request changes, endorsements, or renewals to your policy, the original consent provided directly to us, or indirectly through a third party, will remain in effect.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for all or part of the above purposes, please call us at 1-800-550-1295.
In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for us to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with, or continue to provide you with, insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information. We will inform you of any consequences of withdrawing your consent.
LIMITING COLLECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes. We will retain your Personal Information only as long as necessary to accomplish the identified Purposes or to satisfy our legal or business obligations.
If you need to cancel your policy before it becomes effective, all we require is a letter, by mail, email or fax to request a refund. There are no cancellation charges and a "no questions asked policy". There is no doctor's letter required.
If you return to Canada earlier than planned, provided you have not incurred a claim or have a claim pending, you can request a refund for any unused days on your policy. All refund requests must be made in writing and postmarked within 30 days of the date you return to Canada. We also require proof of the date you returned to Canada, such as a ticket stub, or receipt. There are no service or administrative charges as well as no minimum number of days for a partial refund request.
All transactions are in Canadian currency.
Travel Insurance Office Inc.
2-190 Bullock Dr
Markham ON L3P 7N3
We will keep your Personal Information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
We will protect your Personal Information by various physical, technological, and organizational safeguards. When your Personal Information is no longer needed, security safeguards will also be employed to ensure the safe destruction of your Personal Information.
ACCOUNTABILITY, OPENNESS AND CUSTOMER ACCESS
* In this Policy, "customer", "you" or "your" includes any individual who has requested, applied for or been supplied with, products or services by us including any other individual for whom the customer has acted as agent, guardian or representative. “We”, “our” or “us” means Travel Insurance Office Inc.